This is the easiest and most delicious way I’ve made chicken breast EVER! It takes about 30 minutes start to finish and you can use the resulting chicken to make these beautiful tacos or any one of a number of delicious recipes. Each serving of chicken is also under 100 calories with 13 grams of protein!
….or anything else you can think of like nachos, burritos, taco bowls, served over rice etc etc.
Here’s the super easy recipe.
- 1lb/450 grams boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 large size can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 TBSP olive oil or ghee
- 1 tsp ancho chili pepper
- Dash of cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Sauté onion in 1 TBSP of oil on the "sauté" setting
- Add all other ingredients to the instant pot except cilantro
- Seal and cook on manual mode for 10 minutes (may take 5 minutes to seal)
- Allow the pressure to come down on its own then remove lid
- Chicken is cooked when it shreds easily
- Taste and adjust salt if necessary
- Serve as you like
See my review on the instant pot electric pressure cooker [here/http://www.cristinaskitchen.com/the-best-pressure-cooker/]